Due to ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the Alabama Department of Public Health informed us this morning we will not be able to open Maywood Christian Camp at this time. As a result, we have decided to cancel the first four sessions of summer camp this year.
As our camp administrator Jeff Goff posted on Facebook earlier today, we know you are as disappointed in this news as we are, but we now hope and pray we will be able to open up camp June 28th.
Options for weeks 1-4
For those of you who are already registered for weeks 1-4, we will be contacting you soon via the email address you used at registration, offering you the following options to support the camp during this difficult time:
- Donate your camp fee
- Donate your $35 camp deposit (refund remaining balance if applicable)
- Full refund
If you choose to donate all or some of your camp fees to us, thank you! Your generous gift will help us keep the camp operational until we can overcome this pandemic.
If you choose a partial or full refund, please be patient with us. This is a manual process that will require some time and coordination with our registration vendor. We will keep you updated via the email address you provided at registration.
What about weeks 5-9?
At this time we are planning / praying / hoping to open camp June 28th. We will share details with you as we learn more from state and local health officials.
If you would like to make a one-time or regular donation, you can do so here:
Your generous gift will help us keep the camp operational until we can overcome this pandemic.
Please be patient with us during this process and please pray for all of the campers and staff affected by these decisions. We can’t wait for the time that we can all be back together here at Maywood Christian Camp!